Friday, October 3, 2008

Some house stuff






Okay, so our house was a total mess when we got here. The people that lived here were absolute pigs! I don't think they cleaned at all. I might have mentioned that already, but it has to be said again. I have some pictures of the house, mind you, this house is a fixer, so I'm kind of embarrassed to show them, but when we're all done with it, it's going to be awesome! We are almost done with the kitchen floor, our first project. It was hard work! I won't go into detail about what we did, but let me tell you, my whole body is sore! As you can tell from the pictures, we still have the edges to do, then we'll be done, and on to the next project! It's very satisfying work, and it has saved us thousands. Hopefully, we'll be done with the kitchen in the next couple of months. Yahoo! The picture of the dishwasher is disgusting, no? The people that lived here left stagnant water in it for who knows how long, but it turned to soup, and we had to ladle it out before we could move it. Thank goodness Schyler's dad was here to help, so I didn't have to experience it up close, but from afar. Still, it was funky! I'll update when we're done with the floor completely, so stay tuned! Bye Bye.
PS That spider was one of many that decided to welcome us into the neighborhood. He was the biggest, though, so we decided to capture him (or her) on film so we wouldn't forget our humble beginnings! Creepy huh?

7 comments:

ShaRee said...

I happened upon your blog. Welcome to Wa! I would love to visit Ca. I briefly went to San Francisco one time. Good luck with that home, cute family, you seem great!

Adam and Cassie Pierson said...

Good luck, Holly, and keep the pictures coming! :) It must be satisfying to do a fixer upper. I love the before and after pic.

Holly Moore said...

The floor looks good, way to go! That spider freaks me out by the way!

Anonymous said...

Nice dishwasher! What's with the spider? Did they leave that too as a welcome home gift?
The floor looks great and I know the house is going to look AWESOME when you guys have had your way with it.

Neysa said...

Your house is going to look great. I'm excited to see it once the project is done. Keep posting pictures. I have a fear of spiders by the way. They make me cringe everytime I see one. YUCK! I am sorry you had to see that one.

Jedda said...

Wow! Congrats! My hardest struggle with "projects" is what to do with the kids. Share your secrets please!! (and more photos too!) Good work!

Johnson said...

Holy crap- is that a tranchula? The house is looking great, love the floor. Isn't tile a pain in the rear?